Friday, October 28, 2005

Hospitable intentions

At this very moment there is a man painting the Prickly Pineapple's front door.

His partner is painting the door next to mine. Since he has to have the door partially open to paint it, I was downstairs tidying the shameful mess in my living room. The cold wind came in through the open door and pinched my bare toes. I thought to myself, "These guys must be cold. I wonder if I should offer them something."

I rummaged about the kitchen. I have one packet of instant hot chocolate left. I can't just give a cup to one guy and ignore the other. So that won't work. Chinese tea these guys probably wouldn't like. And I have no styrofoam cups. So nothing for these two. I took another sip of Tang.

Good intentions. Bah. I feel that it'd have been nicer if I'd never thought of it at all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puffintoad, you took the words right outta my mouth. Hot Tang!
(not sure what you meant by the rest of your comment though.)

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now I see.

3:02 PM  
Blogger CamoBunny said...

No cups.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bowls can work as cups. Do you have bowls?

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home