Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Presentation

Any member of the food and beverage industry should know that presentation is key. My old roommate, "the Virus", may remember that there are certain bottled beverages of whose packaging I was somewhat fond. AriZona iced tea, for example, made a ginger tea in a cobalt blue glass bottle. Once the label was removed, the bottle made a nice decorative piece. It was especially nice with bright yellow alstromeria. (They later put hand grips on the bottle, ruining this one for me.) Clearly Canadian's old bottle also had a nice shape and color. I knew the Virus understood the day that she produced several pale green bottles that had once contained Carver's ginger ale, saying her father (an accomplished architect) had saved them because they looked quite nice.

Now you may understand why I am disappointed to have discovered this recent change in packaging for Hornsby's hard apple cider. Puffintoad and I were able to appreciate this older bottle way back in the day. It was squat and green, and cool.


I can't tell you how disappointing it is to see the new bottle.


It looks cheap and crappy. The product itself may or may not be cheap and crappy (can you tell I'm not endorsing this product?), but now it looks the part regardless.

That's all I have to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home