Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Noggin'

At every Christmas party on every American TV show, there is eggnog. Seems like a holiday tradition around here, no? But...

Why hasn't there been any eggnog at the parties I've been attending? What's wrong with eggnog? Is it going the way of the fruitcake, i.e. is it something people make fun of without having tried it?

I ain't ashamed. I likes me some nog. And I've never even had the kind with rum in it. We'll do that this year and if it's noteworthy I'll let you know what I think.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egg nog is good. I prefer the homemade kind as well without much rum flavoring. We had it as kids alot. Our mom made it. She probably used vanilla flavoring since I don't think we could get rum or rum flavoring in our stores. It wasn't till a few years back I learned that rum is usually used in egg nog. This year, my doctors have banned me from it.

And as far as fruitcakes go? Again, my mom makes the best and I love the red and green cherries, but not the chewy clear whitish square things (citron?). What the heck are those supposed to be? Maybe dried pineapple would be a grand substitute.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home