Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Resolution

I've changed my mind. Tonight this idea popped into my head and won't go away. Even though I generally do not make New Year's resolutions, I'm inspired to make one because this year (so far) has been one of such hope and gratitude. Every day this year, preferably in the morning, I will choose something that I am thankful for and express my gratitude, and think on that throughout each day.

Since I'm behind, here are my first four things in retrospect:
1/1: for hugs from new friends.
1/2: for possibilities and potential for change.
1/3: for the gift of a remarkably easy work day on 1/2.
1/4: for my friend Sarah because she's so cool.

Now, I may or may not choose to share these publicly. And these things may be profound, or they may be quite shallow. I may choose to repeat things as well. Just so you know. Listen to me, setting rules for myself. I am daunted by the idea of finding 365 things to be thankful for. We'll see how it goes. Wish me well!

Addendum: I'll be keeping track here.
Addendum 2: Wow, what bad writing this was the first time around! I can't believe it. It's fixed now. Forgive me.

3 Comments:

Blogger CamoBunny said...

Really? Does anyone want to try this with me? I'll give you a place on the blog if you do...

3:23 PM  
Blogger CamoBunny said...

Yes, complaining is great fun indeed. As a matter of fact, it is the great Camo family pastime. There are only a few times you feel good after complaining. If it's a minor and rightful complaint about something that quickly gets fixed (like "I don't like having this thorn in my paw"), or if you complain and complain until it gets completely out of control ridiculous and then you laugh like crazy when you realize how criticial you're being.

Lastly you might feel good if complaining about someone else makes you feel better about yourself. Like blaming someone. I don't condone it though.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't complain about new salad spinners though! That's off limits to the complaining department. In fact it belongs in the office of thanks, in the division of things to make life a little easier by making cleaning food fun, under the department of camobunny affairs.

I am thankful for salad spinners.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home