Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The tragedy of food allergy

I have to make the little good-bad-good sandwich with this post.

Ummm.... Thank God I'm not allergic to peanuts, so I can eat peanut butter as much as I please.

Okay. Now for the bad. Tonight I have discovered that I am allergic to (drumroll)...

Bleu cheese.

Well duh. With my severe mold allergy, how could I not expect this? A couple of bites of the stinky stuff (Roquefort, I think?) and my mouth was crawling with little itches. If I had eaten any more the little buggers would have crawled down into my throat and up into my ears. Shudder.

I'm also allergic to all melons. I am mildly allergic to nectarines (my favorite) and mangos, but that is controllable with medicines. I am allergic to uncooked pecans, walnuts, and dates.

Please no jokes about the dates. Let me make them myself. Wink, wink.

It's mildly tragic, that a would-be foodie such as myself would have oral allergies as well as lactose intolerance. I'm sure you really wanted to know these things.

I am not allergic to chocolate or wine. That's the good thing that ends this food allergy sandwich.

Good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger CamoBunny said...

Tragic. Tragic indeed.

Now, remind me again why people have decided to eat dirty, smelly microorganisms in the same family as ones that infect, sicken, and kill people?

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home