Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Contentment

So I have downloaded a free thingie from an airline that tells me when there are airfare specials and offers special fares for people who subscribe to this service. I am happy to report that there are special fare offers nearly every day. So all the time I am looking to see where I could fly for cheapcheap from my city. The cities vary from day to day.

I am happy to report that there is nowhere I am presently longing to go.

I have no desire to escape or run away from the place where I am. I am content to hang out here at the Prickly Pineapple and go about my business.

Perhaps knowing that my time here is limited helps. Perhaps having planned a vacationette (5 days is so short!) at the end of the month helps. I don't know. What I do know is that the travel bug within me is currently dormant and has been since Madrid. No, Taipei.

And to those who pooh-pooh the place where I live, I say to you, pooh-pooh too. It is a blessing to be able to be content with life independent of circumstances afforded by your geographic location. I challenge you to try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home