Thursday, May 04, 2006

Moving on

Contest #3 is now closed.

The winners were Ray and Puffintoad. No one could sing me the song. Too bad, 'cause it's been stuck in my head since the contest started and if you listen carefully, you'll hear me humming it.

Contest #4 is also closed.

The runner-up was NachoDogg, with his photographic proof of a disgusting dish of squid babies. These were not just like calamari served whole, folks. They had innards. Grey, creamy, lumpy innards. And they were small and slimy, and piled on top of one another. They jiggled when the table was bumped. Ick.

The winner? Puffintoad, with her entry of dead-mystery-grub. It was in a bowl and meant to be eaten, which detracts only slightly from the ickiness of eating a grub.

To beat that, one would have had to submit something quite bizarre or nasty indeed. That would have included anything glandular, fecal, or gonadal. Anything still alive would most definitely have won. Also, any blood product would have been a strong candidate. The most disgusting thing I've ever eaten was a bite of blood "cake" out of a soup. It was salty and squikky. I don't recommend it.

Thanks for playing. Puffintoad has a commanding lead, and she deserves it since she's really representin'. Well, she's participating. I'm slightly surprised there wasn't more participation in this contest, but oh, well. I'm telling myself that you're saving yourselves for...*

*see next post

2 Comments:

Blogger CamoBunny said...

Ach. I wish I could remember, but the smorgasbord of memories just goes on and on.

CamoBunny recalls emu steaks, turkey legs bigger than my fist and wrist, liver'n'onions, dog food, I mean, corned beef hash, squeaky laugh girl, girl-hair boy, man-who-dropped-his-corn, and Life cereal, which I still have never tried. Not all of these things were gross, of course. But I don' recall specifically... must be because we weren't living together yet and I didn't have to smell you.

May the Prickly Pineapple never be known as a place that serves up such grossities. Although it will remain proud to host contests about it.

3:46 PM  
Blogger CamoBunny said...

wah.

no, i don't remember the chitlins. ew. i remember that sweatshirt though. do you still wear it? or did the chitlin juice ruin it forever? did it burn a hole in it?

chitterlings have a certain reputation in medicine (as potentially carrying Yersinia enterocolitica), doubling their ick points. well done.

i'm so glad the double P has served a truly worthy cause today, that is, inspiring laughter. i mean it. so glad. i'm glad it's worthwhile.

i wish i had what it takes to make a man drop his corn. could you teach me? do you think if i cross (hunh!) here and rotate (urgh) like this i'd be seductive?

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home